This placeholder lets you display your images from the Photo Gallery on a page grouped beneath album headings, so the user can see all the images immediately without needing to select an album first. You can also enable enquires on the images and customise how the images are displayed.
The main difference between this placeholder and the Albums Placeholder is that the images are displayed immediately without needing to select an album first. If you have too many images to display on a single page, or you simply want to display albums first, take a look at the Albums Placeholder.
There are four sections to be completed for this placeholder:
Here you just need to check the checkbox next to each album that you would like shown on this page.
Here you can customise how the images are displayed after a user has selected an album to view.
- Gallery Type:
- Standard: This option will list the image thumbnails, a user can then click a thumbnail and the larger version will appear in a modal window.
- Slider: This option will list the image thumbnails, and below the thumbnails the larger version of the first image will be shown in a slideshow, the user can then scroll through the images.
- Show Prev/Next Buttons (Slider Only): This will include the left and right arrows for scrolling through the images.
- Slider Album Name (Slider Only): Choose this to include the album name when viewing the image.
- Show Title/Description: This option will include the image name and description when the user has clicked the image, or without any interaction when using the Slider gallery type.
In this section you can choose to include album thumbnails, customise the thumbnail sizes, sorting and the number of thumbnails to show per page.
- Show Thumbs: Check this to include a thumbnail of each album. Generally, this should always be checked.
- Max Width and Height: The thumbnail will be resized until the image height or width equals the max width or height specified here, it will not stretch to fill the entire space.
- Order By: Choose how to order the thumbnails.
- Enable Paging: If you check this option, you will be able to set the number of thumbnails to be shown per page.
- Thumbs Per Page: Enter the number of thumbnails to be displayed per page.
If you would like users to have the ability to submit enquiries about your images, check the Show Enquiry Link Enabled checkbox and set the text that should be used for the enquiry link.
In this section you can customise image sorting and what happens after users click on an image:
- Large Image Display:
- Normal: The user is taken to a new page after clicking the image.
- SlimBox: The user remains on the page, and the image is opened in a modal window.
- Show Description (SlimBox Only): Checking this option will include the images description in the modal window.
- Sort Order By: Select how the images should be ordered.