Add a member to the Customers & Members component with login details.
Before you can add a member with log in permissions you must first add Member Groups. To setup a Member Groups, go through the Adding your first Member Group article first. Otherwise, you can still proceed but you will need to skip steps 2.2-2.4 and the member will not be able to log in.
- To add a new member click the "Add Member" button.
- There are five main fields you must complete in order to create a member with log in access:
- First Name & Email: Enter the member's first name and email address in these two fields.
- Username: Enter the desired username for the member here. To ensure uniqueness, we recommended entering the member's email address.
- Password: Enter a password for the member.
- Member Permissions Centre: Select which member groups the member should be assigned to. This controls what content the member will see on the website after they have logged in. If you haven't added a member group yet, take a look at Adding your first Member Group then come back here.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Save button and that's it, you have successfully added a new member to your website.
The above process is very simple, adding only the minimum data necessary to create a member with log in permissions. To make use of all the features available in the Customers & Members component review the other support articles for this component.